The Device Finder software feature is designed to track amplitude levels. Since the Wi-Spy is not capable of reading at the packet level, the noise of a client can overpower an access point. The Wi-Spy itself cannot differentiate between two transmitters. This tool is designed to find cordless phones, hidden cameras, wireless headsets and any unknown interference sources. To track down rogue access points, use the Networks Table in the details pane. Check the SSID you would like to track. Chanalyzer will now track the RSSI levels in the networks graph.
Articles in this section
- What model of Wi-Spy do I have?
- Find your Wi-Spy Serial Number
- Device Finder Data Sheet
- Chanalyzer Introduction (Video)
- Chanalyzer and inSSIDer Office Comparison
- Chanalyzer 5 Release Notes
- Wi-Spy 900x End-of-Life
- Wi-Spy Data Sheet
- Comparison of Wi-Spy Modes
- Sharing Lab Accessory Settings