In some cases, you may want to perform packet captures with Wireshark. One case might be when you want to perform a packet capture on channels 12 or 13.
Set up the Packet Capture
1. Under Start, choose AirPcap USB and click Capture Options.
2. In the Capture Options window, double-click on AirPcap USB in the list of available interfaces.
3. In the Edit Interface Settings window, click the Wireless Settings button.
4. In the Advanced Wireless Settings window, configure the capture. If you need to capture on channels 12-14, you can configure the channel in the Channel menu.
5. Click Ok to close the Advanced Wireless Settings window.
Perform the Capture
1. Start the packet capture in the Capture Options window. Click the Start button at the bottom to begin the capture.
2. When you are finished capturing, click the Stop button in the toolbar.
3. To save the capture, click File > Save.
4. Name the file, and click Save.
Note: .Pcap and .Pcap-ng are good filetypes to use for the capture.
5. Eye P.A. can now open the capture file.