What is MetaCare?
All Chanalyzer and Eye P.A. licenses include a 1-year subscription to our MetaCare Software Assurance plan, which entitles you to free updates and support during the duration of the subscription.
When does MetaCare start?
MetaCare starts when you activate Chanalyzer or Eye P.A. for the first time.
What happens when MetaCare runs out?
When the subscription expires, you can still continue to use Chanalyzer or Eye P.A., you just won't be able to upgrade to newer versions or receive official support, as newer versions include bug fixes. We'll still try to be helpful if you contact support though, but we do suggest that you renew MetaCare.
There will be a visual indication in the app that your MetaCare is expired.
What if my MetaCare has been expired for awhile?
Your MetaCare subscription must be continuous for you to receive updates. When you buy an extension, it will start from the date that your last maintenance period expired, regardless of when the extension is purchased (there is no benefit to delaying renewal).
Depending on when your MetaCare period expired, you may need to buy a multi-year extension. For example, if your MetaCare expired 1.5 years ago, you need to purchase at least a 2-year extension to bring your MetaCare up-to-date.
How do I know the date my MetaCare expired?
You can check your MetaCare expiration date in three ways:
- Open the About Window inside the software (Help > About)
- Use the MetaGeek License Management Tool
- Open a support ticket, and we can look it up for you!
Purchase a MetaCare Extension
MetaCare Extension keys can be purchased using the links below. After your purchase, you will receive a single-use key, which will extend your subscription.
How do I apply a MetaCare key?
When you purchase a MetaCare extension, we'll email it to you automatically, or if you purchase it from a reseller, you may receive the license key printed on a card.
1. Run Chanalyzer or Eye P.A.
2. Make sure that Chanalyzer/Eye P.A. is already activated with your base key (don't try to use a MetaCare key on a machine that has never been activated before)
3. Click on Help > Register.
4. Copy and paste your MetaCare key, and click Register.
5. You won't need to use your MetaCare key again, even if you activate Chanalyzer or Eye P.A. on a different machine.
Legal Blah Blah Blah
For the full MetaCare documentation, see http://www.metageek.net/legal/metacare/