Note: These coloring rules have been replaced with the MetaGeek Configuration Profile for Wireshark. The full profile has lots of great features, like retry flags and shortcuts to hide frame types. We recommend using the full MetaGeek Configuration Profile, instead of the coloring rules.
Eye P.A. supports exporting wireless packets to Wireshark (because Wireshark is awesome). By default, Wireshark colors all subframe types (management, control, and data frames) the same color.
By importing a coloring rules file & Wireshark download, Wireshark can assign a color to each subframe type to match Eye P.A.'s coloring scheme.
Import the Eye P.A. Coloring Rules with this Wireshark download
1. Download the Eye P.A. Coloring Rules file.
Note: These coloring rules will only work with Wireshark 2.2.1 and above.
2. In Wireshark, click View > Coloring Rules...
3. In the Coloring Rules window, click Import...
4. Open the Coloring Rules file that you downloaded earlier.
5. Click Apply
6. Bam! Coloring rules!
Coloring Rules v1 (2011)
- Initial Release
Coloring Rules v2 (2016)
- Switches compatibility to newer versions of WireShark (2.2.1 and higher)
Coloring Rules v3 (2017-09-10)
- EAP frames are now colored silver
- EAPOL frames are now colored gold