Congrats on starting your trial of Plus! You're on your way to becoming a WiFi hero. This article will help explain what you can do with Plus, so you can get the most out of your trial and decide if the Plus plan is worth your hard-earned money (we think it will be! 😉)
See also: inSSIDer User Guide
Before you Start
Make sure you are opted in to MetaGeek Plus. To do this, verify that you have the latest version of inSSIDer installed, and follow the in-app prompts to start your Plus trial. Or, log in to your account at http://my.metageek.com and download inSSIDer from there.
Tip #1 - Network Snapshots: early and often
MetaGeek Plus includes the ability to take Network Snapshots in inSSIDer or Air Viewer. Snapshots help you see changes in your network and environment over time, so you can spot issues and fix them.
Read more here: Network Snapshots
Other Plus-only features in inSSIDer
- See visual indicator when new APs enter your environment
- Dual-band Spectrum Analysis (with Wi-Spy)
- Real-Time Packet Analytics*
- Establish benchmarks and track network data over time with Snapshots
- See signal strength and utilization from the client device perspective*
- Expertly assess connection quality with real-time MCS Index, spatial streams, and channel width*
* Requires supported WiFi adapter for packet capture. (We recommend Edimax AC1750 (3x3) or Linksys WUSB6300 (2x2).)
We also have a lot of exciting things on the roadmap for Plus, and will be adding value through incremented updates which will occur automatically when you open the software. Soon, you'll be able to see more client details and advanced expert analysis through deeper packet inspection on the Plus version of inSSIDer.
Once you start using Plus features, you'll wonder how you ever got by without it. If you have questions about your trial, contact us and we'll be happy to help!
Ending your trial
At the end of your free 14 day trial, your paid subscription will automatically start and your credit card on file will be charged. If you want to cancel your subscription before your trial expires, please login to My MetaGeek, click Manage next to your MetaGeek Plus subscription, click Change Plan, and then click Cancel Subscription before the end of your trial.