inSSIDer provides live Client Traffic Analytics, blazingly fast WiFi scanning, and packet capture capabilities. Watch the video and read the steps below to see how you can make inSSIDer the most powerful wireless troubleshooting and verification tool in your toolkit.
MetaGeek Plus, inSSIDer, and Client Traffic Analytics makes it a cinch to:
- See a breakdown of channel utilization and answer questions such as:
- Is the channel utilization high because of my network or because of my neighbors network?
- If my network, which Access Points (APs) are talking the most?
- On those APs, which connected clients are hogging the airtime resource and slowing down the network?
- Use learnings from channel utilization breakdown to make informed and meaningful updates
- Physically locate APs and client devices (phones, laptops, game consoles, printers, etc) with rapid signal strength updates
- See AP and client capabilities to determine how you can optimize WiFi
- Capture location WiFi data via snapshots and store in your my.metageek.com cloud account so that you can see how WiFi at a location changes over time, discover trends, and be aware of uninformed changes
To unlock the full potential of inSSIDer
Free inSSIDer is a powerful WiFi scanning tool within itself. But, inSSIDer with MetaGeek Plus supercharges inSSIDer by enabling snapshots, synching them with your my.metageek.com account, and unlocking Client Traffic Analytics.
2. Plug in a compatible WiFi adapter
inSSIDer will use the wireless adapter in your device to continue to perform WiFi scans while a compatible adapter that you plug in will be placed into packets mode.
The compatible adapter, while in packets mode, is the secret sauce that unlocks Client Traffic Analytics and lets you see what clients are associated to a radio, the portion of airtime utilization they are consuming, and rapidly updates signal strengths.
Not sure if you have a compatible adapter or want to purchase one?
We recommend the following adapters that can be used with inSSIDer and Eye P.A.
- Edimax EW-7833UAC (3x3 spatial streams)
- TP-LINK Archer T9-UH v2 (3x3 spatial streams)
- Linksys WUSB6300 (2x2 spatial streams)
You may also choose to purchase a compatible adapter when you subscribe to MetaGeek Plus by checking the checkbox to add an 802.11ac WiFi adapter.
3. Run inSSIDer as an Administrator
In order for inSSIDer to be able to put the compatible adapter into packets mode, you will need to run inSSIDer as an administrator.
When the three steps above converge, then you have successfully supercharged inSSIDer and are ready to troubleshoot and verify WiFi like never before!